The Department of State has increased routine passport processing times to 10-13 weeks and 7-9 weeks for expedited processing. Read about passport processing times.

AAA Travel

Passport documents & services

Expedited passport & visa services

AAA has teamed up with RushMyPassport, a trusted name in expedited passport and visa courier services, to ensure your passport application is done quickly and correctly. Here is how it works:

  1. Select expedited service level
  2. Complete online wizard
  3. Take passport photos
  4. Gather documents1 and ship
Why choose RushMyPassport services?
  • Get your U.S. passport fast, in as little as 1 week
  • User-friendly online application with frequent status updates providing peace of mind that everything is on track
  • Professional, personalized application review to prevent common mistakes which help you avoid costly delays
  • Personal advisors are available to assist every step of the way via phone, email or chat
  • Plus, AAA has exclusive rates on U.S. Passport expediting courier services through RushMyPassport

Passport FAQ

Travel visa services by RushMyPassport
  • Skip the lines and avoid the hassle of driving or even flying to embassy or consulate offices
  • Enjoy concierge-level service from the comfort of your own home
  • Professional and experienced travel visa specialists will assist you every step of the way 
  • Fast turnaround time for your tourist travel visa
  • Plus, AAA has exclusive rates on Global Tourist Visa expediting courier services through RushMyPassport

Tourist visa FAQ

Family on vacation
Get your passport photos taken at a AAA branch

AAA members save at least 30% on a set of 2 passport photos taken at a AAA branch.2


  • Classic members pay $10 plus tax
  • Plus® members pay $8 plus tax
  • Premier® members receive a set for free
  • Non-members pay $15 plus tax

Resources for members who desire to "DIY"

If you have time and want to try to secure your passport or travel visa yourself, here are some good resources and a few tips to get you started. Please keep in mind that AAA Travel Advisors don't have forms and cannot provide assistance with your application, but they can help with the photos you will need to attach to your application. 

New passports

First-time applicants must apply in person at an authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency if:   

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport or are under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; was lost, stolen or damaged; or was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.

Passport renewals

You can renew an expired or soon-to-be expired U.S. passport by mail if it meets the following criteria: 

  • It is undamaged and can be submitted with your renewal application
  • It was issued when you were 16 or older and within the last 15 years


Visit the U.S. Department of State website to download required forms, and to get more information on new passport applications and passport renewals.

Visa resources

Here's another U.S. Department of State website that can be used as a starting point should you desire to try and procure your own visa, or research visa requirements for US citizens traveling abroad. 


Since the travel visa landscape changes so often we recommend seeking out expert help from RushMyPassport, or a company like RushMyPassport, to ensure you submit your tourist visa application correctly the first time and avoid delays. 


Reconsidering DIY and need help?

After starting down the DIY path many members decide to use a professional service. If you started down this path and would like help, RushMyPassport can take the guesswork out of getting your passport or tourist visa.