11. Plaza Lights, Kansas City. While not a traditional drive-through display, these famous lights have twinkled for more than 90 years in Country Club Plaza. Explore 15 blocks of glimmering jewel-colored lights that line the buildings, domes, and windows of this Spanish-inspired shopping district. While details for the lighting ceremony were not available, the free light display will be on from Thanksgiving to mid-January.
12. Christmas in the Park, Lee’s Summit. The Jackson County parks and recreation staff builds this display that features 75 animated scenes and more than 500,000 lights. Check out the scene of Santas at the barbecue grill. For 2020, the lighted tunnel at the entrance is longer. Located at Longview Park’s softball complex (3501 SW Longview Park Drive), the display will be nightly from Nov. 25–Jan. 2. There’s no admission, but voluntary donations help 38 Kansas City-area charities. Hours: 5:30 to 10:30 p.m. Sunday–Thursday; 5:30 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
13. Lot of Lights, St. Charles. New this year, the Family Arena (2002 Arena Parkway) is creating a drive-through display featuring millions of lights. Vehicles drive through a tunnel of lights and on to scenes featuring flying reindeer, a Victorian Christmas, a candy land, and a winter wonderland. Lasers add to this light show that also features holiday music on a dedicated radio station. The show runs Nov. 27–Jan. 2, and admission is $25 per car. Hours: 5:30 to 10 p.m. Monday–Thursday; 5:30 to 11 p.m. Friday–Sunday and holidays.
14. Holiday Park, St. Joseph. The display, a long holiday tradition for northwest Missouri, begins Nov. 27 and continues until Jan. 1. Beautiful 163-acre Krug Park becomes the area’s biggest outdoor light display. Check out the snowman tunnel. Enter the park at 3500 St. Joseph Ave. Free, but donations are accepted. Hours: nightly from dusk to 10 p.m.
15. Winter Wonderland, St. Louis. St. Louis County Parks department presents this holiday classic from Nov. 20–Jan. 2 at Tilles Park (9551 Litzsinger Road). Nights are designated to either walk through the display, see the lights from a carriage, or drive through. See the online schedule for details. Admission for vehicles: $10 for family vehicles; $20 for limos or vans (15-person capacity); $40 for commercial transport vans. Fees for vehicular traffic can be paid on site with cash (exact change encouraged); otherwise advance tickets are sold through MetroTix.com.