17. December 6–8: Vermont International Festival. Vermont’s diverse populations showcase the art, cuisine, and culture of many communities from around the world in this celebration. Champlain Valley Exposition, Essex Junction. 802-863-6713.
18. December 7: Annual Snowball Bazaar. You will find wreaths and centerpieces, handmade pet supplies, and Earth-friendly gifts at this combination craft fair and tag sale. The event will also feature baked goods, a silent auction, and a luncheon. Second Congregational Church, Bennington. 802-442-2559.
19. December 7-8: Our House for the Holidays. Visit the historic home of Robert and Mary Lincoln adorned with holiday finery. Cider doughnuts, hot apple cider, and local Vermont food and drink will be served, accompanied by holiday music. Hildene–The Lincoln Family Home, Manchester. 800-578-1788.
20. December 14: Touch of Vermont Holiday Gift Market. At this market, you can find local wares for gifts, from spirits to quilts. There also will be a raffle to benefit Good Beginning of Central Vermont. Montpelier Vermont City Hall. 802-310-1725.
21. December 21: Winter Solstice Celebration. Celebrate the beginning of winter with a family-friendly night of music and dance. First, take in the West African dance and rhythms of Jeh Kulu Dance and Drum Theater, and then join the band Good Time Charlie for a dance party. There will be glow sticks and cocoa for the little ones to enjoy. Smuggler’s Notch, Jeffersonville. 802-332-6854.
22. December 22: Chanu-Kava: Tea and Stories That Increase the Light. Gather on a long winter night for storytelling, song, tea, and snacks in celebration of Hanukkah and community. This is an interfaith event. Ruach haMaqom, Burlington. 802-356-1668.
23. December 31: Torchlight Parade and Fireworks at Mount Snow. Mount Snow ski and snowboard instructors will ski down a trail holding flares to light up the night. There will also be a bonfire and fireworks. Mount Snow, West Dover. 802-464-4191.
24. December 31: Bristol Best Night. A community-wide, family-friendly celebration to ring in the new year. Entertainment will include music, magicians, and activities for kids in three venues. Bristol.